Each film coated tablet contains: 500 mg Paracetamol.
The Cores: Pre-gelatinised Maize Starch, Maize Starch, Povidone, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium bicarbonate, Microcrystaline cellulose, Magnesium stearate, Sodium Cros Carmelouse, Stearic acid and Aerosil.
The Coating: Polyvinyl Ethanol, Talc, Dibutyl Phthalate and Titanium dioxide.
Mechanism of action:
Analgesic effect: Paracetamol may act by inhibiting prostaglandin synthesis in the central nervous system (CNS) and to a lesser extent, through a peripheral action by blocking painimpulse generation.
Antipyretic effect: paracetamol probably produces antipyresis by acting centrally on the
hypothalamic heat-regulation center to produce peripheral vasodilation resulting in increased blood flow through the skin, sweating and heat loss.
The Paracetamol in Unadol Actifast is fast released due to the presence of special excipients which accelerate the Analgesic & Antipyretic effects .
For the treatment of mild to moderate pain including headache, backache, migraine, neuralgia, toothache, sore throat, period pain, aches and pain, symptomatic relief of rheumatic pain, muscular pain and pains of cold & influenza, fever, feverish colds and post-immunization fever.
Dosage and administrations:
• Adults, the elderly and over 12 years: 2 tablets, every 4 hours to a maximum of 8 tablets in 24 hours.
• Children 6 – 12 years: ½ to 1 tablet every 4 hours to a maximum of 4 tablets in 24 hours.
• Under 6 years of age: shouldn’t be given.
• Hepatic impairment and mild renal impairment: In patients with hepatic impairment or renal impairment and Gilbert’s syndrome, the dose must be reduced or the dose interval extended.
• Severe Renal Insufficiency: a dose interval of at least 8 hours must be maintained.
Hypersensitivity to paracetamol or any of the components.
PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING:
Studies in human pregnancy have shown no ill effects due to paracetamol used in the
recommended dosage, but patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Paracetamol is excreted in breast milk but not in a clinically significant amount. Available data do not contraindicate breast feeding.
Store below 30°C.
Carton pack contains 20 F.C Tablets.